Everyone using steroids have doubt like- are steroids safe? Since most of the people know about side effects of steroids rather than its uses. And most of the countries have termed steroids as illegal and banned.
Anabolic steroids like testosterone are considered safe to use when used in moderation. When termed these steroids specifically, they are called as anabolic androgenic steroids. These steroids induce muscle mass where as androgenic steroids increases characteristics of males.
Anabolic steroids are frequently used to treat deficiencies of human growth hormone or HGH, and illness which results in muscle tissue loss, delayed puberty and so on. But apart from treatment, these steroids are often used by body builders, athletes, actors and sports persons to build their physique and look.
Anabolic steroids are available in the form of pills, powders and syrups that are consumed orally and also available in injection form. Higher dosages may lead to serious side effects. They are used in on –off cycles and not continuously to avoid serious side effects and to allow body to recover from the occurred damage.
How dangerous are steroids? Well, continued anabolic steroids use decreases the body’s receptiveness towards drugs and slows down vitality. Because of this, steroids should be used in on and off cycles. Users often combine steroids with other medication to increase potency and the practice is recognized as stacking.
Different steroids are known to provide different benefits like the Anavar is used to preserve the lean tissues, Winstrol is used to cut down the fats at a greater speed, Clenbuterol is used to burn the fats etc.
Here are few points regarding how bad anabolic steroids are-
- Anabolic steroids are quite different when compared with other drugs and don’t show any kind of psychoactive brain effects.
- Longer steroid usage affects nerves and neuro- transmitters which are altered by drugs.
- Anabolic steroids abuse causes mental issues and aggression. However, on the other hand also help people with improvised levels of mood and self esteem.
- Anabolic steroids are nothing like the regular drugs that result a high.
- Doctors advise corticosteroids to overcome health issues.
- Users experience withdrawal symptoms like depression, mood swings, loss of appetite, fatigue, insomnia, and restlessness, cravings.
- Are steroids recommended? Steroids are not good for anyone; however, when one uses steroids with utmost care, then the side effects can be avoided.
- Irreversible and dangerous health issues are a result of steroid abuse.
- Few of the very perilous health concerns are an effect of anabolic steroid abuse like- liver damage, kidney failure, heart problems, high blood pressure, enlargement of heart, changed levels in blood cholesterol, severe acne, water loss and increased chances of heart attacks.
- Male steroid users experience side effects like infertility and lowered sperm count, male baldness, breast growth and augmented risk of prostate cancer.
- Women users may experience hair growth – facial, baldness, and irregular menstrual cycles and so on.
- It is always advisable to seek doctor’s guidance before you start using steroids.